Delegates who complete Parts 1 & 2 will receive 12 hours CPD.
This unique one day course will equip delegates with the knowledge and confidence to become a more effective member of the safety team. It will explain how to determine and set safe capacities covering the all-important P and S factors. Delegates will gain an understanding of the main criteria that feed into the assessment process which then delivers these key factors. Attendees will also learn more about the Green Guide and where to look for other related relevant guidance.
This course will equip those charged with responsibilities under sports grounds legislation with the skills and knowledge to be able to carry out those responsibilities confidently, effectively and efficiently to reduce risk for themselves and their organisation. Delegates will gain a greater understanding of the vast array of variables that form part of the material considerations when determining P and S factors and will take part in an interactive group workshop, learn from others and become part of a safety network of contacts. By attending this course delegates will be more confident in making a balanced assessment of P and S factors and be able to challenge the figures with confidence.
CPD: This course counts for 6 hours CPD.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
- Understanding the safety certification process.
- Where to look for help and how the Green Guide and related Guidance can be of help.
- How to determine the safe capacity
- A detailed look at the material considerations that determine the setting of realistic P and S factors.
- A look at the “new style” safety certificate and the role of the operations manual
- Practical workshop – Put theory into practice - Calculating the safe capacity of a stadium.
"A useful addition to “Safety at Sports Grounds Part One”. I now feel able to get involved with SASG meetings and Licensing of stadia. Thank you for a very clear and concise summary."
"A very good course!"
"Excellent course with very knowledgeable experienced tutors"
"Extremely useful course, speakers were very knowledgeable and welcomed questions"
Who should attend:
- Building control staff
- Fire authority
- Ambulance service
- Voluntary medical sector (e.g., Red Cross, St Johns)
- Venue safety officers
Price: £120 + VAT including breakfast and lunch.
If you have any questions about the course, or if you wish to register your interest, then please email: email@example.com