You may need an animal licence if you:
- run a business that provides accommodation for other people’s dogs and cats
- breed dogs for commercial purposes
- keep an animal that is on the dangerous wild animals list
- exhibit, use or train performing animals
- keep animals to sell as pets
- keep a riding establishment
- operate a zoo
For a full list of fees, please view the 2018 animal licence fee document
The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018
As of 1 October 2018 the licensing of animal boarding, pet shops, dog breeding, riding establishments and performing animals is changing.
The new regulations can be viewed here legislation webpage.
Please follow this link for further information. Animal Welfare Regulations 2018