Homeless or at risk

Are you homeless or in need of emergency accommodation?

Our homelessness service is an emergency service, and we have a duty to only help those people who meet strict criteria. See our Help with Homelessness leaflet to see if you're eligible for help.

If you're under 18 and having serious problems at home which make it dangerous or impossible to stay there, contact Children and Families at Bucks County Council for help.

If you're a victim of domestic violence, contact Aylesbury Women's Aid on 01296 436827 to find a refuge call 0808 2000 246 for advice; male victims should contact the Men's Advice Line.

What should I do if I'm not eligible for the homelessness service?

  • stay with friends or family - it could be a short term solution while you save for a deposit or make other arrangements
  • contact your local JobCentrePlus or look at gov.uk to check you're getting all the benefits you're entitled to
  • if you're struggling with debt, speak to a debt adviser
  • consider whether a hostel or supported accommodation would be appropriate for you
  • apply to the Housing Register, Bucks Home Choice or rent privately (read our Help to rent a home leaflet)
  • if you're sleeping rough - or you're concerned about someone who is - contact Street Link, who provide access to local services and support

Where else can I find advice?

If your circumstances mean you are at risk of homelessness in the future, but you don’t have an immediate problem, Connection Support’s Resilience Service may be able to help you to improve your situation. This free service is supported by all the Councils in Buckinghamshire, but is run by an independent charity. For more information, visit Connection Support

Shelter can provide advice on housing and homelessness.

In a housing emergency, such as a homelessness situation, you can come to The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, Bucks HP19 8FF or call 01296 585168 for an appointment.

For emergency out of office hours, please call 01494 675802

More information

If you have been given notice to leave your rented accomodation our Pathways team can check the validity of the notice and give you advice. Please complete this form (you will need to provide proof of identity, a copy of your tenancy agreement, a copy of your deposit scheme and the notice issued by your Landlord).

Rate this page: