Starting your own business
Starting your own business can be a life-changing decision. It might mean saying goodbye to the security of a well-paid job. It almost always involves support and understanding from family and friends.
Before you take the plunge, you'll need to think about:
- developing a business plan to attract finance
- effective marketing and communications
- establishing key contacts and suppliers in the marketplace
- identifying and targeting prospective customers
- committing to work from home or sourcing flexible premises which don’t bind the business with heavy overheads at the outset.
Along with our partners, AVDC can offer you the advice and support you need before you make that all-important decision, from start up grants to helping you find premises and network with other businesses.
Growing your business
Moving or re-locating your business is a big decision which requires forward planning and trusted partners to help you develop and refine your plans. Whatever the stage of your decision making process, Aylesbury Vale is only too happy to discuss your plans and decision making criteria at the earliest opportunity, to allow us to explore all avenues and present you with a range of suitable options including existing premises or new build options.
We have a team dedicated to helping you make those informed decisions, working closely with you to respond to your requests for information and help at every stage of the journey. You will have a dedicated economic development team who will be your main point of contact, not only for pulling together the right information and expertise from across the Council, and from other professionals externally including property agents, land developers through to highways and infrastructure and through our economic development partners, Buckinghamshire Business First.
Moving your business
We know that relocating your business is a big decision. Which is why you can trust AVDC to help you, whatever stage you're at in the journey.
Our dedicated team can work with you closely from the outset, discussing your plans, helping you find the information you need to explore all the avenues and offering you a range of suitable options.
You'll have your own account manager to draw together the expertise you need to help with planning, land and property, highways, infrastructure and economic development, including partners from the Buckinghamshire Business First (BBF).
Our free, confidential service includes:
- working with you to identify your location or expansion requirements - we have a 50/50 JV which manages our commercial property in Aylesbury and can help with new build, including turnkey services;
- research to support your location decision
- the latest comprehensive information on commercial sites and properties
- personal tours of the area, allowing you to explore the opportunities
- introductions and liaison with professional intermediaries, consultants and advisers to give you access to local knowledge and sources of assistance
- information about business support and grants that may be available to your company
- an aftercare service with local partners to help your business grow.
The Thames Valley is the “Silicon Valley of Europe” and provides a world class business location and is home to a community of established and aspiring global brands. To benefit from this impressive location and to see the global technolgy brands already please visit the Thames Valley Inward Investment portal.
To know more read the Aylesbury Vale Economic Development Strategy 2016-2033