Step 1 - Do I need planning permission?

You'll probably need planning permission if you want to:

  • build something new
  • make a major change, like build an extension
  • change the use of your building

What kind of planning permission do I need?

There are different types of planning consent:

Householder Extensions LDO - AVDC’s 2-week Fast Track service to get consent to home extensions.

Planning permission - if your extension plans don't fit the LDO criteria, or you want to  build a new property or request a change of use, you will need to apply for full planning permission instead.

Some minor changes don't require permission under permitted development rights. If you use this route you may have to advise us of your plans, particularly if you are planning to sell your home at a later date. For further advice go to lawful development certificates

Can I get advice on my planning application?

We can provide informal advice to help you get your planning application right first time on residential and commercial properties. Fees apply.

For more information please email us

Please note - we do not provide a face to face advice service at our offices. If you would like to get some advice please email us and we can discuss your needs. Please be aware that fee's will apply.

Rate this page: