This discount can only be awarded to you once and on your main home. It can not be awarded on second homes.
If you are claiming a discount because someone has moved out of your home leaving you as the only adult, please tell us their new address. If someone has left your home for a short period of time, or intends to return in the future you will not be entitled to a discount.
To apply for a single person discount, log in or register for your Aylesbury Vale My Account choose the 'My services' option.
In addition, there are certain groups of people who we do not count for Council Tax purposes when counting the number of adults in the household. These groups are known as ‘disregarded persons’.
These people are not counted as adults for Council Tax:
- children under 18
- people on some apprentice schemes
- 18 and 19-year-olds in full-time education
- full-time college and university students
- young people under 25 who get funding from the Skills Funding Agency or Young People’s Learning Agency
- student nurses
- foreign language assistants registered with the British Council
- people with a severe mental impairment
- live-in carers who look after someone who isn’t their partner, spouse or child
Discounts apply if:
- all the adults are disregarded there is a 50% discount
- all but one of the adults living at the property is disregarded there is a 25% discount
- there are two or more adults who are not disregarded there is no discount