Is your housing benefit affected by the changes?
The reduction is:
• 14% for 1 spare bedroom
• 25% for 2 or more spare bedrooms
The following are expected to share:
• an adult couple
• 2 children under 16 of the same sex
• 2 children under 10, regardless of sex
The following can have their own bedroom:
• a single adult (16+)
• a child who would normally share but shared bedrooms are already taken, eg you have 3 children and 2 already share
• children who can’t share because of a disability or medical condition
• a non-resident overnight carer for you or your partner
For further information please contact us.