After many months of hard work and community engagement, Slapton Parish Council has now submitted it’s final version of the Slapton Neighbourhood Development Plan. As the local authority we are now required to undertake a six week publication period to provide an opportunity for all parties to comment on the submitted proposals before the plan goes to examination. The consultation commences on Friday 22 December and will close at 5pm on Friday 9 February 2018.
What is the Slapton Neighbourhood Plan
The Slapton Neighbourhood Plan (SNP) is the emerging development plan for the Slapton Neighbourhood Area (covering the same area as the parish council) for the period 2013-2033. On adoption it will form part of the Development Plan, which planning applications in that area will be assessed against. The SNP has policies which look to shape development rather than make allocations, it has a reserve allocation for 12 dwellings and the plan overall has a design and community facility focus, in addition the plan proposes a settlement boundary and also looks to designate three areas of Local Green Space.
You can view all of the consultation documents by clicking on the links below.
- Slapton Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Policy Maps
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan appendices
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Evidence Base – Site Analysis
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Evidence Base – Character Assessment
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Evidence Base – Green Spaces
- Slapton Neighbourhood Plan Evidence Paper – SEA Report
Alternatively the documents of the publication material are available to view at the following locations:
Wing Library, Wing Hall, Leighton Road, Wing, Buckinghamshire
Tuesday, 2pm-7pm, Wednesday 10am-1pm, Friday 2pm-5pm and Saturday 10am-1pm
AVDC, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road Aylesbury, HP19 8FF
Monday – Thursday 8.45 to 17.15
Friday 8.45 to 16.45
How to Comment on the Plan?
Comments can be made electronically or in writing by the following means:
- Emailed to:email@example.com
- In writing: posted to Neighbourhood Planning Officer , Planning Policy, AVDC, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF.
Please Note: If sending comments by post please allow up to two working days for the post to be delivered. Any comments received after the 5pm deadline on the Friday 22 January 2018 will not be taken into account. Additionally you can request to be notified of AVDC’S decision to make the plan once an examination and referendum has taken place.
Following the period for comment, we will collate the responses and submit them to an examiner for the document to be examined.
Previous neighbourhood area information
Consultation on the Slap[ton Neighbourhood Plan Area was undertaken in winter 2014. On 6 January 2015, AVDC approved the Neighbourhood Plan Area for the Slapton Neighbourhood Plan. You can view the application and Council report below: You can view a copy of the proposed area below;