Street names and numbers

We allocate official postal addresses within the district.

How can I add / amend a house name?

To change or add a house name you can submit an application form.

View street name and numbering charges

You should be the property owner or have their permission before you apply.

New postal address

Apply for the provision of postal addresses for new dwellings or commercial premises.

Address problems?

If you’ve moved into a new property and your developer / estate agent has provided you with an address that you are being told doesn’t exist, contact Royal Mail to ask them to activate it.

Guidance documents

Street Naming and Numbering Policy

We replace or fix street nameplates across the district. To order a replacement, you can report the issue by emailing