Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) assists recycling and reprocessing businesses wanting to expand by offering a range of targeted business services, including:
- Expertise - maximising the commercial potential of recycling for SMEs
- Management - enhancing the skills of the recycling sector
- Innovation - helping recycling ideas to flourish
- Investment - encouraging economic growth in the recycling sector
Visit WRAP for more information.
The Thames Valley Energy Agency, known as TV Energy, aims to promote sustainable energy solutions and provide education to businesses, organisations, communities and individuals within the Thames Valley and beyond.
The agency’s principle interests relate to renewable energy (wind, bioenergy, solar, hydro) but they also embrace green waste and green transport initiatives. Activities are targeted at both the countryside and the town/urban environments and their respective communities.
TV Energy focuses on understanding, promotion and delivery of renewable energy projects and is not for profit but an independent regional renewable energy agency and is part of the ‘SAVE Energy Agency’.
- The financial and environmental benefits of renewable energy
- Purchasing ‘green’ energy
- Financial and commercial advice including accessing grants
Travel Choice is an initiative aimed at showing businesses how you can save money by adopting environmentally-sound practices. Measures Include:
- County-wide car sharing scheme with guaranteed ride home and exemption from parking charges
- Discounts for bus and rail travel
- Extensive publicity and promotion based around 'fun' and raising awareness of costs
- Improved cycle parking
- Home working