It will only affect a few people at first and it will eventually replace six existing benefits.
Universal Credit will eventually replace:
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
Universal Credit will be paid differently to current benefits. It will be paid once a month into your bank, building society or Post Office account. Any help you get with your rent will be included with your Universal Credit payment.
Universal Credit in Aylesbury Vale
Universal Credit will start in our area from Monday 16 November. You can only claim Universal Credit if you meet these three conditions:
- You are making a new claim for a relevant benefit.
- You do not have children or other dependants
- You do not have a disability or long term illness
How to claim for Residents
Universal Credit can only be claimed online. For more information please visit the Universal Credit website.
Please visit the direct.gov website for FAQ's for landlords