The consequences of using fake ID in clubs and pubs
You may think there are no consequences to using a fake ID in clubs and pubs in order to gain entry because you're under 18. You may also think there are little or no consequences of using your older brother or sister's ID to get into a club. In actual fact there's quite a lot to lose when you're using fake or false ID. Read the facts and be aware.
What are the consequences of using a fake or borrowed ID?
- Arrest and prosecution for the individual using the fake/borrowed ID as it is fundamentally identity fraud.
- A fine up to £5000.
- Being banned from establishments when you are finally of a legal age to drink alcohol.
- Confiscation of the false/fake identification, even if the ID belongs to somebody else. The identification will then be sent back to the relevant agency. Those that lend their passport or driving licence to you will face the consequences of not being able to travel due to their passport being seized or having to pay for a new driving license.
- Having a criminal record for using fake or borrowed identification can effect future career prospects.
- Asking parents to buy alcohol for you also has its consequences. They can also be issued a fine up to £5000.
Door staff are trained to check for fake/false ID and will not be fooled. Remember the consequences.
See also the Drinkaware website.