Following the Main Modifications consultation in late 2019, the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan (VALP) has reached the next stage in the process. We have processed and summarised the responses received in 2019 and responded to the Inspector on the matters raised. We have carried out evidence updates, and prepared further modifications based on both updated information, and the issues raised in the last consultation. Some of the new changes were deemed ‘Further Main Modifications’ by the Inspector, and therefore require a public consultation, which will take place between 15 December 2020 and 9 February 2021.
The further modifications mainly deal with minor errors in the plan, and updates to information such as expected timelines for house building. Some more significant changes relate to:
- how the plan deals with housing for older people including new allocations;
- the transport schemes policy; and
- changes to retail and employment policies, because of Government changes in the planning system.
The Further Main Modifications are supported by a Sustainability Appraisal Addendum and an updated Habitats Regulations Assessment.
How to respond
The consultation period runs from 9am Tuesday 15 December 2020 to 5.15pm Tuesday 9 February 2021. Responses to the Further Main Modifications or accompanying Sustainability Appraisal Addendum and Habitats Regulations Assessment can be submitted:
- Electronically through our upgraded online consultation portal (this is the preferred method and instructions on how to use it can be found on the portal help page); or
- By downloading the representation form and returning it:
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by post to Planning Policy, Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF
Please visit our VALP Further Main Modifications Information Page for further details on responding to the consultation.
Duplicate responses will not be accepted and all responses must be received by 5.15 pm on 9 February 2021. Responses received after this date will not be taken into account. Please note that responses will need to be processed, and may not be published on the consultation portal until after the consultation.
What to respond to
Please only respond to the Further Main Modifications documents listed below. Responses to any other documents will not be accepted as ‘duly made’.
- ED243: Schedule of Proposed Further Main Modifications to the Modified VALP
- ED244 Schedule of Proposed Further Main Modifications to the Modified VALP: Appendix A – Housing Trajectory
- ED245 Proposed Further Modifications to the VALP Policies Maps
- ED246 Sustainability Appraisal of Further Main Modifications
- ED247 Habitats Regulation Assessment of Further Main Modifications
- ED247A Habitats Regulation Assessment of Further Main Modifications: Appendix A
- ED247B Habitats Regulation Assessment of Further Main Modifications: Appendix B
There are a number of supporting documents to the consultation, which are for information only and responses cannot be submitted against them. They can be found on the Examination Documents page and are listed in the following document:
- ED252 Core Documents List
Viewing the documents
The consultation documents are currently only available from this website, or by requesting a USB stick by email or in writing using the contact details above. This is because of temporary Covid-19 regulations about local plan consultations in force, originally just until 31 December 2020. It has been confirmed in a December 2020 Newsletter that these regulations are to be rolled forward to 31 December 2021 and so go beyond the end of the VALP consultation period. Therefore as set out in the Statement of Availability below the consultation will continue to be limited to just the council website only and USB stick on request. Further details can be found in the two documents below:
We will only use the information you provide in your response for the purpose of this consultation. Please note that your name, organisation, system ID and response will be made publically available once we publish the responses. Your contact details will not be published but may be shared with the Inspector if he needs to contact you about your response or invite you to any further hearing sessions. For more details on how we use your information, please see the VALP Privacy Notice.
Once the consultation has closed and all of the representations have been processed, the Council will send the responses to the Inspector. The Inspector has set out in his Discussion Document D8 that he is minded to hold further hearing sessions. He will confirm this after the consultation and then provide final details for the hearings, which will be held before he proceeds to writing his final Inspector’s Report.
All contact with the Inspector must be made via the Programme Officer using the details below.Louise St John Howe
PO Box 10965