Privacy and the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan (VALP)
This privacy notice explains how the local planning team at Buckinghamshire Council (the data controller) will use the personal information we collect about you when participating in this process.
Information we hold
We can collect the following information about you:
- Name and address
- Contact details
- Job title and organisation (where relevant)
- Your comments/representations
Why we need your information
We are asking for your information so:
- We can support the local planning process and creation of the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan including within the independent examination process
- We can comply with the law, as a Local Planning Authority, and carry out consultations for this purpose.
We can use your information because we have your consent to do so (Article 6(1)(a)) and we need it to provide a service as a local authority under our legal obligation (Article 6(1)(c)) under planning legislation:
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012
You may have rights to stop us using your information depending upon the stage of the local plan and the applicable legislation. If you want to discuss this or stop us using your information you should email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote ‘Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan consultations’.
If you ask us to stop using your information (where possible) your comments or representations may not be taken into account within the local planning process and we will not be able to contact you with any follow up information on the plan’s development, including the outcome of the independent examination.
Your information is only used for the reasons above but if we need to use it for any other reason, such as the preparation of Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) and future Local Plans, we will normally tell you.
How we share and process your information
We will share your information, if appropriate, with:
- JDi Solutions who operate our online local plan consultation system for us as our data processors.
- Once the consultation closes we are required by Regulations to share all valid and existing comments/representations with the independent Planning Inspector appointed by Government to undertake the examination. If the Inspector wishes to invite you to answer any follow up questions in response to your representations or invite you to attend any further public hearing for the purposes of the examination, we will share your contact information with the Inspector so they can contact you about the Vale of Aylesbury Local Plan.
Please note that your name, organisation, system ID and representations will be made publically available. However your contact information will not be published in the report of representations and will be redacted if it appears in the body of your representation.
We will securely hold your information and it will normally be retained for the length of the plan period or until the plan is no longer in effect. At the end of this period your records will be confidentially disposed of.
Automated decision making
We do not carry out any automated decision making in relation to this information.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF, or by email at email@example.com.