You can now use plastic liners or bags in your food waste caddy!
Take a look below for more information...
What type of plastic liners can be used?
You can use any of the following plastic bags/liners:
- Plastic bags bought on a roll e.g. pedal bins liners
- Supermarket carrier bags
- Thin plastic bags, such as fridge and freezer storage bags
- Bags that food has come in, such as: bread bags, salad bags, cereal bags etc.
What type of plastic liners CANNOT be used?
- No black bin liners or rubble sacks - if your collection crew can't see the contents, they will not be able to collect the food waste.
- No hard plastic packaging such as for punnets of fruit. However, these can be put in your blue-lidded recycling bin.
For more information; please refer to our customer FAQs.